Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Something I WON'T be doing any time soon

So I went on a Match.com date on Sunday and it cemented the idea that I am done with online dating, at least for a while. I know it has worked for lots of people, but I am obviously not one of them. There was nothing really wrong, conversation came easily, but the whole time I was thinking about how much knitting I could be doing were I not on the date. So this experience sparked a discussion among my friends and me regarding how hard you should have to try to like someone. Since there was nothing inherently wrong with him (despite the fact that his photo online was at least five years old and not to be superficial, but why have a picture up if it's not even current?) should I have gone out with him again? Maybe he would grow on me? I decided not to go that route, but I'm always open to advice. Or blind dates, should anyone know anyone...
Nothing else really exciting to report. I'm working on the Clapotis and the Big Bad Baby Blanket and throwing in a little secret pal knitting.

No comments: